Wednesday 29 June 2011

Rabanal del Camino

I managed to leave Astorga just after 7am this morning after my usual breakfast of coffee and chocolate croissant.

I was amazed that I reached Rabanal del Camino just before 12pm, a distance of 20km in less than 5 hours.
I did consider going on further, but the beer being served in the bar next to the alberge looked too inviting so I decided to take my boots off for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow there is still some uphill to go. I will pass the Cruz de Ferrol tomorrow. I didn´t bring a stone from home to place on it - no problem.

This stage of my Camino is now like a new camino for me.
All the people I started out with from St Jean are now at least a week behind me.
I had got to know quite a lot of people on that stage and it strange to think that I won´t be seeing them again.
There are all new people on this stage.
I am sure I will get to know some of them as well as there is still a long way to go to Santiago.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stew
    You are amazing ..... you are doing so well.... I envy you... I am sitting her with Kitty on my lap and I can barely type :-)

    Max is sittling here by my feet sighing away..... shame. What can I say.... life goes on and we can't everything that has a perfect fit!

    Did you not take details of some of the people you met? Do you feel like the days are rushing by or is it taking a long time? I was telling one of the girls at work today that I feel like I am half living mainly cause of the huge change in routine. Cause it gets so cold in the evening and for safety reasons - I get into the house and lock my self in and stay like this until the morning!

    Take care and enjoy every moment of your journey..... lots of love

    max, maya, pushkins, kitty and andrewxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete