Tuesday 28 June 2011

Burgos - Leon - Astorga

It is strange to think that I left my 'Camino family' only yesterday afternoon, yet I am so far ahead of them now. I had a visit to the cathedral in Burgos yesterday. If one presents one´s pilgrim passport it is half price. It was a lovely cathedral and well-worth a visit.

After pounding the streets of Burgos this morning I took the 11:30 bus to Leon. This arrived at 15:00.
I walked out of the bus station, took one look at more city streets and became totally depressed at the thought of being in another city with another cathedral, so I went back into the bus station and took another bus to Astorga. I will begin walking again tomorrow morning to complete the 256kms to go in order to reach Santiago. I think they call it 'Camino fever' where one wants to just be out in the country, walking.

The countryside between Burgos and Leon was flat, featureless, and didn´t look very interesting. I was actually quite glad not to be walking through all that flat terrain.

Tomorrow I will be back in the mountains on the way to Rabanal, and then over the Montes de Leon to Molinaseca.

No comments:

Post a Comment