Saturday 18 June 2011

Trinidad de Arre

Today was a lovely,easy 16km walk overthe hills to the most delightful hostel called Trinidad de Arre. It used to be a convent and is attached to a lovely little church. The hostel is maintained by a very helpful, friendly Spanish man who keeps it immaculately clean.  A really delightful place. It costs only €7 a night and there is a lovely garden to sit in. Its on the banks of a river and you cross an ancient stone bridge to get to it. At 7pm thereis a Pilgrim prayerin the church which I think I shall attend. After that it dinner time. There is a special pilgrim menu  for €8.
The place I am at is 4,5 kms before Pamplona.I decided to stop here rather than in Pamplona as I was in Pamplona the otherday, so tomorrow I can just walk through Pamplona to the other side and out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment