Monday 20 June 2011

Punta de Reina

It is so hot today.
I left Zizur Mayor at 7:15 this morning and made it the 20km to here by 13:00. Not too bad.
I had planned on maybe going further but it was so hot I decided it would be stupid to walk further in this heat.
I have been meeting up with people I met in St Jean and elsewhere along the way.
Either I am walking very fast, or they are walking very slow. And I thought I was taking it easy.

I have stopped tonight at a private alberge for a little luxury.
I am sharing a room with only 7 other people, and we have our own bathroom.
By getting in early I managed to get myself the bottom bunk :-)

Tomorrow another 22km to Estella.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stew
    I wrote this loooong comment and then lost it somehow.... silly me....

    I am glad that you are enjoying yourself and meeting so many interesting people. Andrew and I had a little giggle - you know about what :-)....

    Wow you are really doing well walking 20 km a day on average - that is excellent.... wish I could of been with you. Take it easy ..... don't rush the walk - take it easy - enjoy the journey.... Jenny who has just come back from the Camino sent a long email with some suggestions - I forwarded this to your stewarts@dut.ac.za email address. Hope it gives you some guide - you seem to be doing fine on your own though!

    take care and thinking of you especially today as I made a lovely hot chicken curry. Max is fine - Andrew took him for a walk to the park today. He loves any walk - short or long....:-)

    Gerraldine has been calling everyday to check on us and of course offering to accompany us on walks. Ian also called - I wrote to you about this in my email.

    Okay love - take care and enjoy yourself.
    we all miss you very much.. Maya and Andrewxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete