Thursday 23 June 2011

Losing weight

I remember reading before I left that some people use the Camino to lose weight.
I really can´t see that happening.
I have been eating so well on this walk.
Take last night´s dinner for example.
Starters was a choice of various salads and meat dishes.
I chose the spaghetti, tomotato and cheese - all swimming in olive oil.
For the main course I chose a dish of lovely salmon and potato scallops (again olive oil).
Dessert was fruit salad.
With every meal there is always a bottle of wine, and bread.
This was the Pilgrim meal for €10.

During the course of the day we had had a picnic lunch in Los Arcos consisting of bread, cheese, choriso, fruits, cake, and beer.

The food is so tasty and the beer and wine really fabulous.
Andrew, the chocolate is out of this world. Yesterday I bought a bar of Lindt dark chocolate for only €1.
Usually I buy a cheaper one, but I couldn´t resist getting the Lindt. That´s the equivalent of a bar of Lindt for R10. You check how much that would cost in Woolies or Checkers.

It i snow 6:15 - tim eto get ready to walk.
The weather forecast is for hot weather again, so it will be good to get going before it does get too hot.

More from Logroño.

No comments:

Post a Comment