Monday 27 June 2011

Azofra to Burgos

This morning I had an early start and walked the 16,8km from Azofra to Santo Domingo de la Calzada in the morning before it got too hot. After a lunch of beer and lemon and tortilla I caught the bus to Burgos.
The albergue in Burgos is huge. I am on the 5th floor, but it only cost €4 a night, which is cheap.
When the bus arrived at the bus station the temperature showing on the sign was 41C - mucho calor!

I have had my shower and washed and hung my clothes from the day so now I am going to go out and explore this city. The cathedral is supposed to be well worth a visit.

Tomorrow I will catch the bus on to Leon, and after a night there on to Astorga where I will resume walking.
The distance from Astorga to Santiago is 256kms.  I aim to complete it in about 14 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment