Saturday 25 June 2011

Logroño and Navarette

My 'Camino family' and I arrived in Logroño quite late in the afternoon. Stopped quite a while in Vianna where there was a beautiful church. I lit a candle there, something I have never done in a church before.
After a shower and washing clothes there was only time to go into the centre of the town to have dinner.
We had to be back in the alberge by 21:30 otherwise we would be locked out.
The night was very disturbed by drunk youths in the streets outside making a noise all night. I am really tired today from lack of sleep.
Its amazing how soon you become accustomed to the quiet of the countryside and resent being in cities and towns.

This morning we said goodbye to Javier as he had to leave to go to Burgos to meet up with his wife and son at her parents home there. I have, however, now got a new 'Camino daughter' - a 20 year-old Japanese girl called Ren. She is very sweet and is walking the Camino by herself. Quite a feat when you think she doesn´t speak a word of Spanish. She is a student studying to be a social worker.

It was so hot today we only got to Navarette before booking into an alberge. It was just too hot to carry on.
Apparently the temperature for tomorrow is forecast to be 37C which is going to be killing.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. UUUUGGGGGGGG...........

    I am so fedup ...........I write these looonggg messages/comments and then can't post it or lose it trying to post it.......... I am going to try again... Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi here goes again....

    Hi Stewart

    It sounds like you are now "into" the walking.... I am so happy for you... enjoy. I cannot believe how hot it gets - you say 37 degrees - it is summer there now or getting into winter - excuse my ignorance? You know me I don't know anything :-(

    How are you managing washing your clothes? Do you have enough clothes? Is your backpack heavier or getting lighter - do you have everything you needed? Did you forget anything? The one department I know you are fine with is the food and drink :-) lol

    Everyone is fine at home - max is missing you ... andrew takes him to the part for walks - he will take him later on this afternoon today (Sunday) as the mid day sun can get very hot.....

    take care and chat soon....

    love max, pushkins, kitty, andrew and maya

    ReplyDelete