Tuesday 21 June 2011

Estella

¡ Hoy hacer mucho calor!  This means Ít is very hot today. They forecast 33C for the region, and it was. Thank goodness they have forecast that tomorrow will be cooler, only 23C. I will welcome the cooler weather, as long as it doesn´t rain.

Today I took rather a nasty tumble. I was going down a steep, rocky slope when the rock I stood on rolled away under my foot. My walking stick, which was giving trouble, just collapsed under my falling weight and I went head-first into the ground. Fortunately I had Lisa and Xavier walking with me, so they helped me up, sat me down, and waited with me while I recovered and got over the shock. Lisa is a very nice young lady from Wales and Xavier a nice man from Madrid. We were all in the same room last night and so walked together the whole of today.
Fortunately I am strong, so no bones broken, but my shoulder is a bit wrenched and I have a couple of other aches and pains. I´ll take a couple of Ibuprofen tonight when I go to bed. Thats why I wanted to bring it Maya - for such an eventuality!

I remember Sylvia had a fall in the early days of her Camino this year, I wonder if it was the same slope.

We have all booked into a very nice hostel run by those with intellectual disabilities.
You can see the webpage at : http://www.albergueanfas.org/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stew

    I am having a problem posting comments in your blog. I write these long messages and then when it comes to posting it - I can't. Even Gerraldine said the same thing. I think others are having the same problem. I will keep on trying though. Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay 1 went through,,,,,

    I am so worried that you fell. Please go and buy a better or proper walking stick.

    I am so happy that you are enoying yourself and meeting so many lovely people. Gerraldine and I were speaking and saying that we would love to do the walk next year - I suppose later this year is out of the question :-) and I am sure you would want to do it again!

    We are all well at home - Max is well - but you can see that he is missing you. I am being especially nice to him - "not allowing on the bed yet" nice lol.....

    Andrew is well - he is a lazy boy... Jordan is down from NZ yesterday so Andrew visited him yesterday and then this evening - but he said he will not be late coming home.

    Got lots more to say - will send you a email.

    take care love and miss you

    Maya and AndrewxxxxxxxxxMaXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete