Sunday 26 June 2011

Azofra

I forgot to mention in yesterday´s posting that Logroño has the most amazing parks that one walks through to leave the city. It stretches on for miles and has every type of recreational facility available. There is even a lake in it where on can fish (with a permit - they were checking them). There are paths for running on, paths for cycling on, tarred paths, paths through wooded areas, braai areas, kids areas, picnic areas - really good.

The walk from Navarette to Azofra was hellish. We all stopped in Najara for lunch and then had to walk a further 5 kms to Azofra. It was like walking through the karroo - so dry and hot. The lady in the reception of the hostel said it was 40C today.

The hostel here, however, is good.  Its amazing how many people I met up with today who were walking from St Jean the same day as I left.

It is now 10 days since I left St jean, and I passed the 200km mark just after lunch. This means I have been averaging 20km a day, which was my target before setting out.

Tomorrow I will walk 17km to Santo Domingo de Calzada where I will then catch the bus through to Burgos. I will then be catching the bus through to Leon, and then on to Astorga before commencing walking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment