Sunday 19 June 2011

Zizur Mayor

Today was a bit of a rest day. I left Trinidad de Arre at about 7:45 this morning and walked back into Pamplona. I spent some time looking at the main park in Pamplona. It is such a lovely town with very nice parks. I then visited the campus of the University of Navarra before walking up the hill out of Pamplona in the company of a French lady and her 22 year-old daughter. It was actually the daughter who could speak English.

I have met so many nice people on this walk, many of whom live in Europe and who just close the door to their home and start walking from there. By the time they reach St Jean many of them have already walked many hundreds of kilometres already.

I booked into a very nice Alberge for the night run by a friendly lady called Maribel. The alberge is set in a very large shady garden. After luch I lay down on the grass under a tree and had a sleep :-)

For lunch I went to a bar/restaurant and had a beer and a slice of potato and prawn pie. There were many people sitting there drinking and eating with lots of children all running around kicking soccer balls or playing on their cycles. A tear came to my eye when I thought of how free, safe and unconcerned they all are. I sent an sms to Maya then saying we need to come and live in Spain.

I don´t feel like going to eat a big dinner tonight so have bought some soup, bread, cheese and an orange. I will just eat tonight in the dining room at the alberge.

Thanks Pat and Andrew for remembering it was father´s day - lol.I had totaly forgotten.

Tomorrow there is a big hill over to Punta del Reina.
More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stew
    Wow it sounds really wonderful - wish I was with you. Take it easy and enjoy.... missing you love maya

    ReplyDelete