Monday 20 June 2011

Dinner in Punta de Reina

I stopped for the night at this private alberge which is attached to a hotel. It cost a little more than usual, but I am in an air-conditioned room with just 7 other people, plus we have a private bathroom - very nice.

Tonight we had dinner in the hotel. It was a buffet €11-50 to eat as much as you like. There was 6 of us at the table and we had 4 bottles of wine between the 6 of us, all included in the price. We all ate until bursting.
Besides myself from South Africa there was a man (Uwe) from Germany, Francoise from Holland, Lisa from Wales, Marco from Switzerland, and a young Japanese girl called Ren. We had such a great time eating, drinking and laughing. What is really strange that with so many nationalities the common language was English. Both Ren and Uwe actually spent 2 nights here. If I had known about this place I would have had my rest day here too. It is really lovely.

Tomorrow they start serving breakfast from 6am, but I don´t think anyone in our room will be there at that time. It is now 22:20 and everyone is still up and about. In the other alberges till now everyone was in bed and asleep by 9pm.

As Paul Kruger said: ¨More is nog ´n dag¨.

Its my camino, and I am enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment