Sunday 3 July 2011

Villafranca - Ruitelan

It was an easy walk today to Ruitelan. I was going to go only to Vega de Valacarce, but I arrived there too early so I decided to walk a little further. Apparently tomorrow its quite a steep climb up to O Cebreiro.

There were 2 different routs out of Villafranca - one hard, the other harder - lol
The difficult route takes you over the mountains which would have been nice to do as the scenery would have been spectacular. The guide, however, warns that it can be dangerous as it is steep, especially coming down. I have already had one fall this walk, so I didn´t want to chance it. I also didn´t see anyone else taking that route and one thing I learned from the Mountain Backpackers Club is that you shouldn´t do such walks alone.
The route everyone was taking was very picturesque as it followed the Rio Valacarce. It was nice to hear the river running by as you walk along. This route also takes you through all the small villages on the way.

I can´t believe that it is 3 weeks since I arrived in Spain already. The time is flying past.

Love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment