Sunday 10 July 2011

Arzua

I thought I was going to get a good night´s sleep in the Pension last night -ha!
There was a fiesta on, so there was a lot of noise with drunken revellers still going strong in the early parts of the morning.
When it was time to leave there wasn´t a soul about, even though it was going on for 9am.
I hadn´t paid for my night´s stay, so I left a note saying I would send the money later when I got back to South Africa. When I arrived at the alberge here in Arzua I got the young lady who runs the place to phone the pension for me. She said that they had received my note, and it was ok.
They are very laid back here in Spain.

There is nothing to write about Arzua, its just a small stop-off town on the way to Santiago.
Just before entering the town there was the 40km marker, so Santiago is very close.
What most people do, and so will I, is stay tomorrow night in O Pedrouzo, then the following day head to Monte de Gozo which is 4,5kms away from Santiago. There is a huge alberge there. Then one sets off from there early the next morning and arrive in Santiago in time to receive the Compostela, and then go to the Pilgrim Mass in the Cathedral at 12 noon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stew
    Wow you are so close to finishing..... You have done so well...

    So when do you actually reach Santiago - Wednesday?

    You said that you were then going to be walking to Finstera? Is this still your plan?
    Don't forget my armond cake!!

    Make the best of the rest of your journey.... enjoy...

    Take care - not long to go before you are home.. 1 week to go!

    love
    maya

    ReplyDelete