Tuesday 5 July 2011

Samos

Today I walked the most delightful walk on a peaceful, shady walk to Samos where I met up with Ricardo again. Galicia is so beautiful - just like walking through Scotland or parts of KZN.

We are staying in the monastery - lol. It is very spartan but will be a good experience.
This afternoon we went on a tour of the monastery.
It is dedicated to St. Benedict who is the patron saint of Europe. Now you know Andrew :-)

Tomorrow we walk through Sarria on to Barbadelo, just 5 kms on th eother side of Sarria. Sarria marks the 100km that one has to walk in order to get a Compostella in Santiago.

I probably have only another 5 days to walk till I reach Santiago, so I am planning on maybe continuing to walk to Finisterre as  I don catch the train from Santiago to Madrid until the 16th.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stew
    Did you see my comment below? Is it not possible to change your train ticket to an earlier time if you are walking at a much faster pace than you initially thought?
    love maya

    ReplyDelete