Friday 8 July 2011

Palas de Rei

It was a bit cool and misty when I left this morning but about 5km from Palas de Rei it turned into a steady drizzle.
For the first time since the first day I had to pull on my poncho. I am also wearing my fleece, its that cold.
The sign outside the pharmacy went from 18C to 14C in about half an hour.

There were hundreds of people walking along today, mostly schoolkids.
I guess thats the problem with coming on the camino when the schools are on holiday.
Ricardo and I have quite a good system worked out.
He likes to leave early when its still dark, so he shoots ahead and gets to an alberge nice and early.
He then reserves a place for me and phones me to let me know which alberge to head for.
That way we make sure we get a place.
Thats also a reason why I haven´t been pampering myself by staying in a hotel, I can´t let Ricardo down. He´s such a nice chap.

There really isn´t a whole lot to do in this town except eat, drink and relax. I am becoming good at all three activities - lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment