Saturday 2 July 2011

Ponferrada - Villafranca


This is the Knight Templar castle in Ponferrada - very interesting seeing as how I am a Knight Templar. There was a lot of interesting manuscripts on display in the exhibition hall, including the order to exterminate the KTs.

The walk today was 23 kms to Villafranca del Bierzo, mostly through vineyards. There was quite a lot of uphill and it was hot again.
I had lunch in Cacabelos, spreading my stuff beneath a lovely tree in the town plaza. After eating I lay down in the shade, put my head on my backpack and slept for an hour. I bet the townsfolk must have thought I was terrible - lol - but I don´t care - I´m a peregrino.

Tomorrow I enter Galicia. I feel quite excited about that

1 comment:

  1. hellooo sitting in bed with mum catching up on all your blogs...max keeps comin to me and licking my face and crying, think he just see's a body and thinks its you:) miss you lots and reading the blogs makes me so jelous! i really wish i could have taken leave and just came with. enjoy the rest of trip...are you planning to come back home!?! love you mwah

    ReplyDelete