Saturday 9 July 2011

Melide

It was raining again this morning so it was an uncomfortable walk.
I got as far as Melide, 12km, and decided to pack it in for the day.
I quickly phoned Ricardo to tell him that I was staying here, and booked into a pension.
How nice it is to have a decent bed, clean sheets, a private bathroom with proper towels.

I tried to have a nap but was disturbed by fireworks and music and horns hooting.
There was a fiesta on the go - St Cristobal fiesta.
In the main street of the town there was a large open van all decorated with a band playing and a priest showering blessings on all the trucks of the neighbourhood. They all drove past, decorated and hooters blaring.

While I was watching that Noako and Rika (two Japanese ladies I have met along the way) came along, all wet and bedraggled. They have also booked into the same pension.
We will go and have dinner later on.
The speciality of Melide is pulpo (octopus), so I will try that.

Tomorrow I will take it easy again and walk to Arzua, which is only 13kms away.
I plan on reaching Santiago on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment