Thursday 7 July 2011

They like us here.



I guess because we let them win the World Cup, lol.

On the way from Barbadelo to Portomarin I met another 2 South Africans. That is12 I have met now. The last 2 were a mother and daughter from Cape Twon.

Today was one of those days when I met up with people I have met since I started walking again in Astorga.
It is nice to meet up again with people you have walked a while with.
This evening in the church there was a classial music concert. A young man played the flute and then the guitar. He also sand a number of songs from different lands. I recognised 2 Hindi numbers he sand, plus a Hebrew one.

Tomorrow I will walk 22km to Palas de Rei.
This morning I was checking my speed against the km markers. In Galicia there are countdown markers every 0,5km. I was averaging 4,8km\hr which is pretty fast.
Of course I didn´t keep up that average as I then stopped and had coffee and something to eat.

I haven´t slept too well the last 2 nights because of noisy snorers, so if I don´t get a decent night´s sleep tonight I will check into a pension tomorrow night. It will be worth the extra cost to get a decent night sleep.

Yesterday I paid €6 and had all my clothes washed in a washing machine and dried in a dryer, so at least I have nice clean clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stew you forgot to say what you eat??? lol

    I thought you were going to - now and again - stop in a decent hotel for the comfort and a hot bath etc. check what my friend Jenny suggested - with regards to where to stay....

    We are all well at home - just very very cold here - not experienced such cold weather in July before - I remember last year I only got to wear my nice red coat once in winter- these days I am wearing it almost every day!! And you will not believe how green the garden is - absolutely green - we have been having a lot of rain - even last night we had quite a downpour!!! Well at least the garden gets watered.

    Take care and hope you have a better night sleep... love and miss you.....

    max, maya, pushkins, kitty .........

    ReplyDelete